3rd MEETING MINUTES OF THE FIRE DETECTION PROJECT
On October 17th, 2018 in Greece, town of Soufli, in the Town hall, on the 1st Floor, the third Meeting of the Partners was held, WP1 on the Project “High Technology for protection of Biodiversity through early fire detection in high significance protected forest areas” (Project Acronym: FIRE DETECTION).
The goal of the meeting was to discuss about the implementation of project activities, the progress they have made and the next steps of the implementation, together with the members of the Bulgarian Project Team.
The First Meeting was attended by:
- Mr. Athanasios Gouridis – Representative of Soufli Municipality,
- Mr. Triantafyllos Mamatsopoulos – Greek project manager and financial manager,
- Mr. Valentin Spendxharov – Bulgarian project manager,
- Ms. Fani Mamatsopoulou for Record keeping.
The Third Meeting had the following agenda:
- Official welcome by the Mayor Mr Poulilios
- Discussion of the tasks of the partners in the Project and the progress they have made;
- Discussion of the current and forthcoming initiatives;
- Discussion of the action plan and specification of the dates that the deliverables must be delivered, following the developments in the implementation of the project;
- Next steps of the implementation and the specifications of the other deliverables.
- Discussion about the payment of expenses and verification of all paid expenditure up to 20% of the project’s budget till end of the year. The participants express their serious doubts about the possibility the payments to exceed 15% of the project’s budget, due to the fact that the 88,5% of the budget is for equipment and infrastructure and the procedure of their public procurement did not finished yet. Furthermore, the biggest part of the rest activities and expenditures has to follow the installation of the equipment.
- Specifying the schedule of the planned joint meetings; The next (forth) meeting will take place in Haskovo at the beginning of March 2019.
At the end of the meeting Mr. Athanasios Gouridis thanked the guests for their participation in the First Meeting and expressed assurance that it will contribute to successful project implementation.
Soufli October 17th, 2018